Monday, September 17, 2012

Sujji/ Rawa laddu/ Semolina balls


 Suji laddu or semolina balls are very tasty and very easy to prepare if u had grated coconut . Last Friday I got some surprised guests and I was totally worried what to prepare instantly and tasty. This rawa laddu came into my mind immediately.  Whenever I got some fresh coconuts from my hometown I use to store it in freezer after grating.  So it became very easy for me to prepare this dish.


lADDU....

Ingredients:

Suji/semolina/Bombay rawa 2 cups
Grated fresh coconut 2 cups
Powdered sugar 1cup
Sugar 1cup
Cardamom powder 1 tsp
Cashew nuts 1/2 cup
Warm milk 1/4 rth cup
Ghee 5 tbsp

 Method:

 Roast the cashew nuts in ghee and keep aside. Now roast the semolina until you get a nice aroma. { keep stirring continuously, it will takes some 5-10 minutes} Transfer the semolina into other plate.Switch off the flame. Immediately add grated coconut to the hot kadai and fry for 2 minutes.
Crush the fried cashew nuts using mortar and pestle.
Now take a big plate mix fried semolina, coconut, crushed cashews, cardamom powder, powdered sugar and plain sugar. Mix well. Make it as round balls using warm milk.
Yummy yummy and tasty tasty rawa laddu's are ready to eat :) :)




No comments:

Post a Comment